La Medical Library Association (MLA) otorga beca de hasta $5,000 para estudiantes de maestría de Ciencias Bibliotecarias que de excelencia que puedan aportar al campo de la bibliotecología en Ciencias de la Salud. Para recibir más información y solicitar, acceda la página en el siguiente enlace: https://www.mlanet.org/p/cm/ld/fid=304
MLA Scholarship for Underrepresented Students
A scholarship of up to $5,000 is awarded annually by the Medical Library Association (MLA) to a student who shows excellence in scholarship and potential for accomplishment in health sciences librarianship. The scholarship is announced at the annual meeting of the association, where the recipient will also receive a one-year MLA student membership and free inclusive student registration at the association’s annual meeting.
- The applicant must be a member of an underrepresented group, such as Black or African-American, Latinx, Asian, Aboriginal, North American Indian or Alaskan Native, or Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander.
- The applicant must be entering a master’s program at an American Library Association (ALA)–accredited graduate library school or, at the time of the granting of the scholarship (February), have completed no more than one-half of the academic requirements of the graduate program.
- The applicant must be a citizen of or have permanent residence in either the United States or Canada.
- Past recipients of the MLA Scholarship or the MLA Scholarship for Under-representedStudents are not eligible to apply.
- Membership in MLA is not required.
- The completed application form and accompanying materials must be received by December 1.
- The disbursement of funds will not exceed one year past the date of the annual meeting. Payments will be made in two equal installments. The first in June after the annual meeting. The second payment is made after the fall semester, when updated transcripts are received by MLA.
The recipient will be notified in March before the annual meeting at which the public announcement is made. The recipient assumes all costs of attending the meeting and the ceremony at which the announcement is made. The association will underwrite the meeting registration fees. Depending on the qualifications of the candidates, the jury may recommend that awards not be presented in a given year. MLA will acknowledge applications upon receipt via email.
- Completed application;
- Two letters of reference sent directly to MLA’s grants coordinator from persons who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s character, education, and abilities;
- Official transcript sent directly to MLA’s grants coordinator from each college or university attended, including community college, undergraduate and graduate colleges attended; and
- Copy of your library school’s catalog or web page, which states the number of credits needed for your degree.
Ready to Submit an Application?
Choose the 2020 scholarship application.
Once saved, the application form remains open for changes until December 1, 2019, 11:59 p.m. (CDT).
Incomplete and late submissions will not be considered.