Job Posting: Cataloguing Technician
Position Summary: Professional Records and Information Management (PRIM) is currently looking for a Cataloguing Technician to provide technical and logistical support on a variety of functions regarding cataloguing and information management. This role entails a range of technical and administrative activities to support management, staff, and customers in regards to indexing, cataloguing, information organization and retrieval, among other records management duties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- handling and managing confidential information;
- analyzing incoming collections to develop, implement, and document archival description systems;
- coordinating and supervising data entry projects and employees;
- prepping and processing documents for cataloguing and information management;
- inputting customer information into various databases;
- ensuring quality control of cataloguing data input and output;
- proofing work for accuracy and completeness, based on internal procedures;
- correcting or rejecting errors during visual inspection and applying advanced software functions and formulae for consistency and quality control;
- processing incoming customer requests;
- processing metadata withdrawals, replacements, and reclassifications;
- maintaining accurate records for verification;
- supporting information management aspects of digital imaging projects;
- providing feedback to the supervisor on system issues that could affect the productivity or quality of work;
- producing written reports; and
- performing other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Library & Information Science or related field.
- Strong computer skills, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Strong data entry and quality control skills.
- Previous experience with data entry, quality control, and database management.
- Previous team leader/supervisor experience.
- High attention to detail; accuracy and ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced atmosphere.
- The ability to multitask and handle high volumes of data with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both Spanish and English.
- Strong work ethics and confidentiality.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Location: Carolina, PR
Resume submittal email: firstname.lastname@example.org