SUNY Geneseo’s Milne Library is seeking a Research Instruction librarian who is dedicated to student success and teaching excellence in a liberal arts environment. This librarian will serve as liaison to the School of Education and the Department of Psychology, which entails providing reference support and collaborating with faculty to deliver information literacy instruction in these programs. This librarian will also use their strong outreach skills to help Milne Library build connections to the greater Geneseo community.
The successful applicant will enter a full-time tenure-track position at the Sr. Assistant Librarian rank; the initial appointment for this position is two years with the potential for renewal. SUNY Geneseo’s Milne Library strongly encourage applications from minority candidates, candidates with disabilities, and those with experience with accessibility and/or inclusion initiatives.
• Master’s degree in information and/or library science from an ALA-accredited school or an ALA-approved foreign equivalent by time of appointment
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive working/teaching environment
• Demonstrated understanding of pedagogy and best practices of information literacy instruction
• Demonstrated understanding of principles of reference assistance
• Expressed interest in providing outreach to library patrons and the greater Geneseo community
Job Posting Date: 11/21/2019
Apply By: 04/01/2019
For more information enter the following link https://jobs.geneseo.edu/postings/2911