The City of Santa Clarita is recruiting to fill three Senior Librarian positions. This recruitment is part of our transition of the Santa Clarita Public Library from outsourced operation to public management by city employees. Located in Southern California, the City of Santa Clarita is top-ranked nationally for livability, public safety and quality of life.
Each Senior Librarian will supervise a major library-wide section such as Children’s Services, Young Adult Services, or Collection Management.
Senior Librarian – Children’s Services
• Develop and coordinate library-wide children programs
• Oversee, develop, and implement story time, school readiness programs, homework help programs, summer reading programs, Ayuda, Día de los Niños and the Annual Family Literacy Festival
• Coordinate outreach and partnership development with Santa Clarita schools to market services
• Develop web content and oversee readers advisory services for children
Senior Librarian – Young Adult Services
• Develop and coordinate library-wide young adult programs
• Oversee and coordinate all public library digital services, including the library website and social media
• Oversee, develop, and implement teen advisory boards, Teen Fest, homework help programs, and summer reading programs
• Oversee all materials, services, and programs designed to meet the needs of the adult users of the library, including the Digital Literacy Program, Digital Drop In, Book Clubs, and the One Story One City programs
Senior Librarian – Collection Management
• Coordinate collection development and management, including selection, acquisition, cataloging, classification, and processing of library materials including digital resources
• Manage and maintain the integrated library catalog system, with knowledge of MARC records management
• Communicate and implement City and division policies and procedures for circulation operations
The salary range is $71,614 to $89,419, plus full municipal benefits including participation in the California Public Employees Retirement System. It is anticipated this salary range will be increased by cost of living effective July 1st.
The application deadline is Monday, April 23, 2018 at 12:00 noon.
More information is available on this recruitment at this link: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/santaclarita/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=2041094&hit_count=yes&headerFooter=1&promo=0&transfer=0&WDDXJobSearchParams=%3CwddxPacket%20version%3D%271%2E0%27%3E%3Cheader%2F%3E%3Cdata%3E%3Cstruct%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27TRANSFER%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27CATEGORYID%27%3E%3Cstring%3E%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27FIND_KEYWORD%27%3E%3Cstring%3E%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3Cvar%20name%3D%27PROMOTIONALJOBS%27%3E%3Cstring%3E0%3C%2Fstring%3E%3C%2Fvar%3E%3C%2Fstruct%3E%3C%2Fdata%3E%3C%2FwddxPacket%3E